With a new year coming soon, everyone is beginning to think about how they can do better in the coming year. Looking back, every experience you had holds valuable insight on how you can increase your effectiveness and your outcomes in 2012. Your history holds the key to your future.
If you don’t learn from your past, you are destined to repeat it.
In today’s E-blast, I going to provide with 25 ways to increase your value and leverage in the coming year. We are going to focus on your improving business, social, personal relationship success in the coming year. While these tips appear simplistic, they are powerful. Take time to absorb them into your subconscious mind and watch for the results.
- 1. Seek excellence not perfection – No one is perfect. However everyone can be better. Focus on increasing your skills and outcomes by a couple degrees at a time and over a short period you will achieve amazing results.
- 2. Plan your work and work your plan. (Not having a plan is like taking a walk without a destination. Plans have goals and the achievement of goals are the benchmarks of success.)
- 3. Work smart, not hard (Think about what you need to do, enlist help and identify resources before you start. Your work will be easier and you will have better results.)
- 4. Talk slowly but think quickly (By speaking slowly, your words have more impact and your communication skills are sharper. While at the same time, your brain is more powerful that any computer. One of the key attributes of a successful person is the ability to make decisions quickly.)
- 5. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
- 6. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?” (Some people want information from you so they can exploit and hurt you. Focus on people’s motivations-your views, feeling and ideas should only be shared with those who have your best interest in mind)
- 7. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson. (Eliminate the word failure from your vocabulary. Instead focus on the lessons you learn and experience you will gain when things don’t turn out the way you planned. Take this new knowledge and do better.)
- 8. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it. (Face it, everyone makes mistakes. In fact, if you are not making mistakes you are probably not making anything. However, once you realize that you have made a mistake, don’t dwell on your error. Quickly resolve the issue and move on.)
- 9. Smile when you answer your phone, the caller will hear it in your voice. (Never answer the phone when you are upset or angry, the caller will feel it through the phone. Conversely, smiling will focus your subconscious on the positive feeling and the caller will feel your vibe.)
- 10. Be contender, but a pretender. (A contender controls his or her reality by preparing themselves. A pretender attempts to fake their way through without preparation—they are soon exposed.)
- 11. Look at problems or setbacks as opportunities. (Problems or setbacks should be viewed as training on how not to do something.)
- 12. Always make lemonade out of the lemons. (The secret of successful, effective people is that they view problems as hidden opportunities that they must find)
- 13. Everything is not for everybody. (Keep business and personal life separate. All people who you consider friends don’t make good business partners.)
- 14. In order to have good friends you have to be a good friend. (You have to give love in order to attract love. Treat your friends like you would like to treated)
- 15. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship. (Good friends value their agreements over than disagreements)
- 16. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want. (Use discretion and good judgement at all times-sleep until you wake up and then get up)
- 17. Next time you see a homeless person soliciting change, give them a couple dollars. (What you send out comes back to you.)
- 18. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely. (You were blessed with emotions to utilize fully. Loving without passion is like drinking water on hot day and not swallowing.)
- 19. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk. (Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t across a chasm in two small jumps)
- 20. When you say, “I’m sorry,” look the person in the eye. (Eye contact reinforces credibility)
- 21. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling. (People will eventually forget what the fight was about but they will always remember what you called them)
- 22. Believe in love at first sight (Your intuition is one of your greatest gifts.)
23. The best relationship is where your love for each other exceeds your need for each other. (Affection and independence trumps neediness and obsession)
24. Remember in relationships, you are in charge of your happiness. (Don’t depend on others in order to feel good—depend on yourself)
25. Establish Trust – the foundation of every good relationship is trust. Trust creates the glue that keeps relationships together. Lack of trust is like a acid that dissolves good relationships. Always keep trust at the forefront of your relationships.
There you have it; 25 ways to improve your outcomes in the coming year. Some them require action, many of them require you to give thought to your actions.
In any case, I wish you the best in the coming year. Be safe, be careful and be Happy!!!